The issue is generally seen when the screen is
1. locked or unlocked at any time.
2. Frequently Locked and Unlocked
3. Simply Unlocking from pattern lock
Q. So we guess issue is in software? No , many users tried to flash stock ROM , custom ROMs , a wide range of kernels , but the solution still seems to exists.
A. Thusthe problem is definitely in hardware. Solution is to prevent the use of power key, which locks and unlocks the phone.
How to Prevent use of power key?
- Use Power button to volume button : Playstore
- Screen Shots:
- Tap on enable/disable volume power.
- Enable both the options.
- Press volume button to wake and unlock phone and turn of the screen from status bar to lock the phone.
- Root your phone
- Install Elemental Kernel or any other which supports double tap to wake (d2w) [To Unlock]
- Install xposed kernel
- Download Gravitybox
- Enable double tap on status bar to sleep [To Lock]
- Gravity Screen App (Suggested by user @shrikanthh )
- Install Offcial Cyanogenmod 12
- Unlock: In Settings>Buttons>Wake up devices
- Lock: Use double tap status bar to sleep in Settings>display and light (suggested by @Adarsh1998 )
- Intall Xposed Additions module
- Unlock: Remap buttons i.e. volume button must work as power button
- Lock : Use Power toggles from playstore.
Is the reboot issue gone? For my Moto E , it is.
Do comment and reply.